A Cera Root dental implant made from a ceramic called Zirconia Oxide. It is used to replace soon to be missing teeth, or already missing teeth. Cera Root dental implants are becoming more popular with each passing day due to their advantages over the traditional metal implants, hence the reason why Dr. Andrew & Urban Smiles Family Dental recommends them. Here are some of the things that make them different from regular implants.
- Allergies and sensitivities: There is an increasing number of people who suffer from allergies and sensitivities that contraindicate the implantation of metal devices. Many cases of allergies to titanium dental implants develop after long-term exposure to the metal. This means that one can develop allergies or sensitivities in the form of inflammation, redness, itching and discomfort leading to loss of teeth after years. Cera Root implants, on the other hand, hardly cause sensitivities or allergies, hence the reason why many dentists recommend them.
- Biocompatibility: As compared to regular implants, Cera Root implants are made from a biocompatible material called Zirconia Oxide. They lead to a firm fixation between the ceramic implant and bone. A study conducted at the University of Minnesota recently confirmed that Cera Root implants have a stronger osseointegration compared to other implants.
- Corrosion resistance: Zirconia is an electric and thermal insulator as well as highly resistant to corrosion. These properties make Cera Root implants highly bio-inert, thus ensuring that the surrounding tissues remain healthy after implantation.
- Esthetics: As they are white in color, Cera Root implants easily overcome many shortcomings of traditional metal implants. This is particularly important if a patient has thin gums, where implants shine through them and give a gray appearance. The aging process also leads to recession of the gums and if one has metal implants, they may become visible.
- Electric insulant: Being a non-electric conductor, Zirconia implants make it hard for bacteria and other foreign materials to adhere to the surface of implants. This makes it easier for patients to avoid bleeding of gums as well as clean and maintain healthy gums.
- One-piece design: Traditional implant systems are usually made up of an implant that is placed at bone level as well as an abutment connection that’s connected to the implant by a fixation screw. These multiple parts make it easy for bacteria colonies to grow in between them and induce peri-implant inflammation by releasing toxins. This can sometimes compromise a patient’s immune system due to stress, smoking, allergies, illness or even age. The one-piece design of Cera Root implants eliminates the risk of the above problems.
Urban Smiles Family Dental Staff Writer: